Monday, July 5, 2010

Cookies, Fourth of July, Pray

Hello! I am making my FAVORITE cookies...chocolate fudge! My grandma gave me the recipe. I made them for SAT testing, and all my friends LOVED them! (You know who you are!)

One box of Betty Crocker chocolate fudge cake mix
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
2 eggs
Sugar

1. Add ingredients to bowl
2. Mix it up [in mixer] (Has a play-dough-ey texture)
3. Roll into balls
4. Roll balls in sugar
5. Put them on a cookie sheet
6. Bake 8 1/2-10 min at 350


Makes about 40 cookies

Cookies form a cookie shape after baking
Happy Fourth, everybody! I had a good day. Went to church, had lunch with my church family (We're not a small church...we're a big family!), went dress shopping with Momma (got a dress and a new skirt), then set off/watched some fireworks.

Please pray for the Harris family. Alex and Brett (Do Hard Things, Start Here) and Josh (I Kissed Dating Goodbye [and more]) Harris' mom has been struggling with cancer. She died at 8:00 A.M. on the Fourth of July.

Well, got to go check on my yummy cookies!

Love,
SJ <3

P.S.
We leave in 4 days for CA. Yay!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'll be praying! I had no clue that was all going on? Where did you see about it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for them! I had no clue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sorry I just now read it Loved your cookies at sat hope your trip is turning out good
    -sdt

    ReplyDelete